3401 Newman Rd.,
Mobile, AL 36695
Westwood Addiction Treatment Center is a clinically managed medium intensity (Level III.5) residential treatment program providing treatment for males between the ages of 12 and 18. This level of care is designed to offer highly structured intensive treatment to clients whose condition is sufficiently stable but whose illness has progressed so as to require consistent near-daily treatment intervention. The Westwood program offers no less than twenty hours of programming per week in a structured program. Services are available seven days per week with the length of stay to be determined by a client’s condition and functioning.
Westwood Addiction Treatment Center is located on just over 40 acres of land on The Bridge - Mobile campus in Mobile County, Alabama. The program is certified by the Alabama Department of Mental Health - Substance Abuse Services Division to provide ASAM Level III.5 services.
Services: The program provides a combination of the following services as deemed appropriate by an assessment and treatment plan:
- Individual and group therapy;
- Medical and nursing services;
- A system for consultation or referral for identified treatment needs if such services are not available in the program and which includes close coordination of such services by the program and an effort by the program to arrange needed medical or psychiatric services by telephone within twenty-four hours of when the need was identified and in-person services within a timeframe appropriate to the severity and issue;
- Family treatment services; and
- Educational and informational programming adaptable to individual client needs and developmental status provided through an accredited school program.
Admission criteria: Before the Westwood program may admit a client, the client shall:
- Meet diagnostic criteria for a substance-related disorder of the DSM;
- Be at low risk for withdrawal symptoms or have minimal remaining withdrawal symptoms;
- Be physically stable but may have a medical condition that is severe enough to distract from recovery efforts or would be aggravated by continued use of alcohol or drugs or be psychologically stable enough not to require twenty-four-hour observation and care but may have a psychiatric condition that would be aggravated by continued use of alcohol or drugs; and
- The client meets at least two of the following:
• The client requires repeated, structured, clinically directed motivational enhancement strategies not available at a less-intensive level of care;
• The client has made previous attempts at a treatment program of lower intensity with an inability to remain sober or has been an active participant at a less-intensive level of care but is experiencing an intensification of symptoms of the substance-related disorders and the client’s functioning is deteriorating despite modifications of the treatment plan or there is a high likelihood that the client will continue to use or relapse without close monitoring and structured therapeutic services;
• The client has minimal support for sustaining / beginning recovery in the client’s home or customary environment;
• The client has experienced significant impairment in life areas that require a high level of intensity best accomplished as close to the client’s home community as is feasible; or
• The client has experienced significant life traumas or stresses that require therapeutic interventions as an adjunct to addiction treatment to assure continuing recovery.
For a list of approved items you may bring to the program, click here.
For more information, contact us at: